PROJECT MANAGER SUPPLY CHAIN
CONTRACT TO HIRE
PALO ALTO, CA
OPTION 1 STAFFING is currently recruiting for a sharp Project Manager who will work in the Supply Chain department at a highly respected company that is fast moving, a dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes. The successful candidate is a self-starter with extensive knowledge of operational as well as strategic procurement topics and continuously demonstrates an ability to tackle complex problems and implement solutions. Excellent salary, team and benefits!! Apply Now!
Our Client is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Project Manager to support their Supply Chain Organization in strategic procurement topics. You will be part of a team that is positioned independently from any specific spend category and serves as an internal supply chain optimization group across all regions. The scope of work is project-based focusing on continuous improvement initiatives within our purchasing group that are prioritized based on business criticality.
The role requires strong cross-functional working relationships with our finance, internal audit, legal, engineering, and IT teams. You will interact with stakeholders across all levels of the organization, including our buyers as well as executives on a regular basis and hence require the ability to perform hands on operational tasks as well as strategize on longer term solutions. You will require a sharp business focus, a collaborative style of working, and a proactive and critical mindset. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing as well as presentation skills are crucial, as is the ability to synthesize complex issues, drive desired outcomes, and influence stakeholders across functions inside and outside our client’s company.
- Identify and lead internal procurement optimization initiatives with the objective of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our global purchasing group
- Analyze abstract problems, identify root causes, develop solutions to complex problems and be able to present relevant information to a non-technical audience.
- Effectively utilize data and reporting on purchasing KPIs to identify issue root causes.
- Apply out of the box thinking, problem-solving abilities and operational procurement experience to derive solutions to complex purchasing challenges.
- Design, improve and implement new purchasing processes in alignment with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Communicate project results and requirements to executive level stakeholders to obtain buy-in.
- Act as the purchasing liaison for various internal supply chain automation and process optimization initiatives driven by team’s outside of purchasing.
- Identify further internal process improvement areas and compliance risks.
- Independently handle multiple projects at a time meeting objectives and deadlines.
- As project lead, document project approach, timelines, milestones and deliverables and present to project steering committee.
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- 3+ years of strategic and operational procurement experience in automotive, consulting and/or tech industry.
- Extensive experience with supply chain process optimization and/or supply chain compliance.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct results-oriented supply chain expertise.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with complex and demanding deadlines.
- Exceptional communications, strategic thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working across and successfully influencing multiple internal stakeholders (supply chain, finance, engineering, legal, etc.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner
For immediate consideration, please apply!