CONTRACT 6 Months Plus
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Option 1 Staffing is a locally recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Administrative, Accounting, IT and Finance and Non-Clinical Healthcare professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry. We are recruiting for one of our top clients for a Buyer on a long term contract basis. 6 months plus.
- Identify and evaluate cost effective and efficient sources for supplies, equipment and services.
- Procure supplies, equipment and services using approved vendors.
- Research and recommend new supply/equipment/service suppliers as needed and review recommendations with appropriate department(s).
- Perform order follow-up (expediting) to ensure timely delivery of orders to meet the requestor’s needs.
- Review and identify existing contracts, in conjunction with Department Director, for savings opportunities with primary GPO or other related contracting entities.
- Routinely meet with vendors in an effort to identify ways to reduce supply, equipment, and service costs.
- A.A. degree or high school graduation, with additional studies in purchasing, accounting, marketing or sales.
- Eight (8) years minimum previous experience as a Buyer or Procurement specialist
- Product knowledge and previous experience using on-line purchasing software, including some internet applications are required.
- Additional coursework in purchasing contracting and management, with a focus toward a Certificate in Purchasing Management or other related certification/degree is desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
For immediate consideration, please apply!