PALO ALTO, CA
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, statewide, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
Option 1 Staffing is currently recruiting for an Executive Assistant to join a very successful and large biotech company. The Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive executive support to the Global Development, Oncology C-suite and Senior-Level Oncology Development executives as well as managing the Palo, Alto office.
1. Provide administrative support to Global Development, Oncology C-Suite and their respective teams.
2. Assume ownership of calendars utilizing strategic gatekeeping & prioritization. Apply thorough context & knowledge of priorities on an org and company level, with awareness of broader org, company & external events.
3. Plan, coordinate and book complex travel, virtual and in-person global meetings with complex calendaring required. Anticipate and monitor external factors that could impact travel and proactively addresses.
4. Complete and submit expense reports as prescribed by T&E policy in a timely manner. Facilitate expense approvals on behalf of the manager as appropriate. Actively resolve expense issues with internal and external partners. Submit and track invoices. Work with procurement teams as needed.
5. Support meeting logistics including global calendaring coordination. May also support facilitation, meeting materials, agenda, notes/follow ups, and supplemental needs, live streaming/recording, or IT support as needed.
6. Logistical support and planning of external team events and activities (offsites, meals, milestone & quarterly team activities, seasonal celebrations).
7. Assist with legal document preparation.
8. Perform additional duties as assigned.
1. Manage and organize the day-to-day operations of the Palo Alto office, ensuring things are running efficiently
2. Maintain a tidy and pleasant office environment. Keep the kitchen organized and stocked with snacks and pantry supplies and well organized.
3. Welcome visitors and appropriately handle their experience. Reception management includes incoming phone calls, mail, receiving and distributing packages, when necessary, etc.
1. High School/Secondary Education or Equivalent
2. 6+ years relevant experience working at a Senior or Executive level
3. Experience with Microsoft Outlook Mail & Calendar; Office 365 Applications (Excel, PPT, Word, Teams, OneDrive, OneNote, SharePoint), collaboration applications (Slack, Teams, Zoom, Sli.do, etc.)
4. Ability to work standard office hours and be onsite in the Palo Alto, CA office a minimum of 4 days/week
5. Manage and organize the day-to-day operations of the Palo Alto, CA office, ensuring things are running efficiently
6. Ability to independently work on complex issues
7. Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication and operations management, specifically related to time management, budgets and projects.
8. Ability to exercise appropriate discretion in all circumstances regarding materials or information of a confidential nature, respecting companies policies and procedures.
9. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to work with a variety of personalities and adapt to different styles.
10. Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, effective time management skills, pro-active approach, high attention to detail, results and solutions oriented.
11. Our client requires all employees who are working onsite or who are in customer facing positions to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to any legally required exemptions)
1. Experience in a pharmaceutical or life-sciences industry preferred
2. Executive level personal assistant experience preferred
3. Notary license is a plus
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.