UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER
CONTRACT TO HIRE
REDWOOD CITY, CA
Excellent Opportunity To Join A Star Company and Team!! Apply Now!
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, local recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Administrative, Accounting, IT, Finance and Non Clinical Healthcare professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
OPTION 1 STAFFING is currently recruiting for a Sr. Unified Communications Engineer to join a exceptional team. The Senior Unified Communications Engineer design, implements, supports solutions that integrate voice, video, and data systems within the company enterprise. The Senior UC Engineer is responsible for performing analysis, developing architectures, and helping deploy the capabilities to make the strategies a reality.
- Senior member of the Unified Communications team educating and leading the team in learning new technologies via cross training and mentoring
- Serve as primary backup to Unified Communications Manager while on PTO, traveling and meeting conflicts
- Keeps up with technology trends, research technologies for the new hospital, recommends specific vendors technologies, solutions.
- Works closely with vendors with all aspect of Unified Communications services provided at various locations.
- Works closely with Design and Construction and other contractors to ensure optimal Unified Communication design and room layout.
- Mentors junior team members
- Thought-leadership in establishing, driving, and directing a robust and innovative Unified Communications strategy aligned with the company’s business and productivity goals
- Performs assessments (Proof of Concepts) on UC integration options between Cisco and other technologies
- Designs and Plans integration between UC Technologies (IM, Federation, Presence and Application Sharing) and WebEx (Web conferencing, Video Conferencing and Audio Conferencing) and conference room scheduling systems and integration with Exchange/Exchange Online
- Works closely with Microsoft, Cisco, ITS and other partners in support of business needs/objectives.
- Recommends, implements room based UC configurations
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a work related field/discipline from an accredited college or university
Experience: Seven (7) years’ experience of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of organization, demonstrating a willingness to listen and respond appropriately
- Ability to demonstrate objectivity, sensitivity and a balanced perspective regarding employee concerns and organizational expectations
- Ability to resolve conflicts and/or negotiate with others to achieve positive results; establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Ability to use judgment and make sound decisions
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, end-user and mobile devices, good understanding of technology trends
- Ability to work in an outsourced environment
- Ability to implement web & video conferencing with Jabber/Lync
- Ability to implement a hybrid configuration with Lync/Jabber
- Ability to integrate room based video conferencing using Cisco, Polycom and Crestron with personal video conferencing
- Ability to implement telephony integration (PBX, SIP trunking, etc.)
- Ability to implement technologies on a global scale
- Knowledge and relationships in Unified Communications industry
For immediate consideration, please apply!