Telecomm Engineer II
San Jose, CA
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, statewide, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
The Telecomm Engineer II is a member of the Telecom Group within Technical Services. Responsible for planning, engineering, installing, monitoring, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving complex problems associated with the business critical telecom infrastructure within a 24x7x365 high-availability healthcare environment. Consults with the Infrastructure Supervisor on complex telecom related issues. Responsibilities include design, forecasting, deployment, documentation, capacity management, updates, and other ongoing daily management of the telecom infrastructure and end-user devices. Conducts tests of telecom redundancy, resilience, and failover of network elements in cooperation with the Network Group to ensure up-time standards are fully achieved. Handles day-to-day adds, moves, and changes as requested by customers. Interfaces with the local telecom provider for the installation and management of services, and troubleshooting issues. Consults with customers and implements solutions to meet their needs. Provides training for users on phone and voicemail systems as required. Daily interaction with Network Engineers, Server Engineers, and other members of Technical Services on the day-to-day operations and projects that depend on telecom connectivity and services. Mentoring, project management, excellent troubleshooting and communication skills are required for success. Will be required to provide 24×7 on-call rotation with some evening and weekend work required as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications –
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND four years relevant telecom work experience within healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment.
Eight years relevant telecom work experience with at least two years experience being within healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment
2. Experience in regular management of call managers, contact centers, and voicemail systems.
3. Experience in handling telecom device adds, moves, and changes.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of telecom operations, including hardware and software, interfaces and transmission signaling, cabling structures, and wiring standards.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of telephone configuration and installation, including ACD queue reporting, and call detail reporting systems.
6. Demonstrated documentation experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Visio.
7. Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
8. Ability to build organizational partnerships with others, and be able to negotiate and build consensus.
9. Ability to manage own time and schedule own tasks. Must take the initiative to work efficiently without constant supervision and direction.
10. Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative, and analytical abilities.
11. Must be able to work varied shifts and/or additional hours.
12. Ability to read, write, hear, and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
Preferred Qualifications –
13. Experience with Cisco VoIP.
14. Successful completion of additional related certification such as CCIE, etc
1. Successful completion of Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or other comparable voice certification. Must present evidence of certification.
2. Valid California driver’s license.
For immediate consideration please apply!