South San Francisco, CA
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, statewide, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
Option 1 Staffing is currently recruiting for a System Administrator to join their growing Information Technology (IT) team. The team is dedicated to providing exceptional IT services to the company. Our Client is a rapidly growing biotech company located in South San Francisco, California. Our Client has a very technology rich / friendly culture and is an eager adopter of SaaS and Cloud solutions.
- Day to day operations and maintenance of data center and network systems, including a small VMware vSphere cluster w/ iSCSI storage, VMware Horizon View, and a Cisco Meraki, and Palo Alto Networks
- Monitoring and responding to events related to systems performance and outages (tools include Veeam ONE, Meraki dashboard, among others)
- Monitoring backup status and health, and troubleshooting any exceptions to daily backups.
- Assisting IT management with project planning and execution of IT projects. Typical projects include adoption of new software solutions (SaaS and on-premises), and implementation of new equipment (i.e. additional switching and WAPs to support the addition of more office space)
- Configuring on-site servers and services, as well as SaaS applications and services. This would include things like Windows Server 2016/2019 (and associated roles/features), Google gSuite (formerly Google Apps), various Office 365 components, MDM, and Okta SSO, among others.
- Providing guidance and administrative support to support staff focused on end-user computing systems, as well as handling escalations when required
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation on project status and systems configuration
- Support lab infrastructure including software and attached equipment.
- Administrative experience with VMware vSphere and Horizon View
- Administrative experience with Windows Server
- Administrative experience with MDM software
- Network administration experience and a strong understanding of fundamentals (routing and switching, firewall rules, etc.)
- Experience managing and monitoring system backups
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Work Space One
- Mac OSX/ Windows OS
- Cisco Meraki / Palo Alto Networks
- Android / IOS
- End-user technical support
- Managing small to medium sized projects
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or biological sciences is preferred, but not required
For immediate consideration, please apply!
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.