PALO ALTO, CA
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, local recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Administrative, Accounting, IT, Finance and Non Clinical Healthcare professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
The Systems Administrator under the general direction, develop, install, configure, optimize, and maintain integrity of the operating system environment.
Daily tasks include monitoring machine activity, applying software patches, utilizing University IT tools to confirm all systems are in compliance with University security standards. Actively working inside the imaging team to create resources needed for providing an imaging solution for the group across campus for computing resources to the Company. The sys admin will work both with the team and outside people to accomplish this goal.
- Primary OS RedHat/CentOS Linux 6/7.
- VMware ESXi and vSphere with external NFS shared storage. Basic TCP/IP v4 knowledge.
- General knowledge of Bash scripting and working with the team’s developer to create any custom scripts.
- Overall knowledge of how hardware works and how to best utilize local resources.
- Creating, installing and booting from USB memory devices on occasion. The majority of creating systems will be done virtually with software images.
- Build, install, configure, analyze, tune, and troubleshoot operating system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Resolve difficult system problems and provide consultation or training.
- Configure and assist in the design of system and network security.
- Manage hardware, software, and utilities for installation, modification, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrades of operating systems and workstation environments.
- Monitor and analyze resource usage to recommend/develop enhancements to system capabilities and performance.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new technologies, and integrate systems into the computing environment.
- Document systems infrastructure for users, support and consulting personnel, and developers.
- Train personnel who provide support and consulting services to users.
- Act as liaison with various departments
- Facilitate vendor relationships.
- Requirements:MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Experience with multiple types of operating systems or expert knowledge in one.
- Experience with managing an integrated computing environment.
- Extensive experience in multiple programming languages for system development.
- Experience with networked environments.
- Experience with network storage solutions.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining routers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security protocols.
- Ability to manage shared resources and perform moderately complex tasks.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member.
- Ability to train to others in applications and operating system fundamentals.
- Experience with middleware and infrastructure.
- Extended hours and weekends.
For immediate consideration, please apply!