Senior Procurement Manager
Redwood City, CA
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, statewide, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
Option 1 Staffing is currently recruiting for a Senior Procurement Manager. Our client needs a manager who will work with a team of 2 buyers to purchase chemicals and reagents, instruments and consumables. They will be responsible for identifying new distributors, dealing with price and contract negotiations. This role will report to the Director of Supply Chain. Bachelor’s degree is a must.
- Work closely with the NPI teams to understand the requirements of new materials and processes
- Conduct market research and supplier scouting; Lead RFP/RFQ activities and agreement negotiations
- Source & purchase materials for production and internal R&D
- Work closely with engineering to manage and schedule revisions and component substitutions
- Ensure cross-functional alignment on supplier selection strategy that leads to long-term supply chain sustainability, manufacturability and quality excellence
- Strategically manage all vendor relationships between manufacturers, distributors, brokers, etc.
- Work with Planning to ensure supplier scale-ups and material readiness to meet NPI project milestones
- Monitor market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges and opportunities
- Work closely with logistics to ensure vendors adhere to shipping requirements and cargo ready dates
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Bachelor’s Degree. A degree in relevant fields such as Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or Genetics/Genomics is strongly preferred
- 10+ years of strategic sourcing experience in Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical industry with at least 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Category knowledge in Life Sciences reagents and consumables
- Effective communicator with ability to influence at all levels
- Strong business acumen and comfortable to make effective decisions in ambiguity
- Hands-on ability to perform analysis on large amount of data to drive insights and decisions
- Comprehensive knowledge on contract commercial terms and ability to lead supply agreement negotiations independently
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and juggle shifting priorities and tight timelines
- Proficient in Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience working with Confluence, Jira, or other project management platform
- Experience with Netsuite, SAP, or similar accounting platform
Excellent Benefits etc.
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at a rapid growth company
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Free catered lunches and dinners with fully stocked kitchen & snacks
- Onsite Gym
- Daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
For immediate consideration, please apply!
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.