ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the purchasing of critical components and reagents for production across multiple value streams
- Manages material procurement activities from external and internal entity suppliers, scheduling, ordering, and expediting for material needs
- Establishes Continuous Improvement Goals and tracks progress to meet company product cost, material flow, product quality, and secondary supply sources
- Works closely with Material Control, Planning, Manufacturing, Facilities, and Shipping/Receiving functions to track and report status and define priorities to meet production schedules
- Works with R&D, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality to identify the appropriate parts specifications and materials to ensure qualified suppliers are selected, become members of the Approved Vendor List, and the desired parts are provided at first piece
- Manages elevated emergency situations, part shortages and expedites when necessary
- Follows material procurement and supplier management policies & procedures through SOP work instructions for supply chain
- Strives to reduce material costs continuously
- Ensures internal and external customer satisfaction expectations are met by suppliers
- Creates new and missing SOPs for Purchasing function, ensure effective training of purchasing team members on these SOPs
- Communicates data inaccuracies related to parts with Master Data Specialist and ensure/follow up with implementation of corrections
- Responsible and a strong partner with Master Data specialist and IT teams to provide std cost, vendor lead times, part category, part characteristics (flammable, corrosive, etc), vendor name, vendor part number and any other relevant info regarding purchased parts
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA desired
- 10 plus years of experience in a professional purchasing role with 5 plus years management experience
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong working knowledge of medical device components, suppliers, and price model
- Supplier contract creation and management knowledge and experience desired
- Strong negotiation skills. Requires strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a practical working knowledge of PLM systems (ideally Propel experience) and ERP/MRP systems (ideally NetSuite experience)
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead continuous improvement/Lean efforts and cost reduction initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and strategically to achieve individual and corporate goals
- Applied knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies in a regulated manufacturing/procurement environment
For immediate consideration, please apply!
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.