SR. PAYROLL MANAGER
REDWOOD CITY, CA
OPTION 1 STAFFING is currently recruiting for a Sr. Payroll Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Payroll Director. You will be responsible for planning, directing, and managing the work of the Payroll team, responsible for the total annual payroll process for the organization.
The Senior Manager, Payroll will be responsible for accurate and timely payments to employees; accurate and timely processing of employee reimbursements; timely and accurate deposits of payroll taxes and liabilities; timely and proper filings of payroll tax returns; and proper distribution of payroll transactions to appropriate accounts in the general ledger. The incumbent ensures compliance with regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, applicable federal, state, and local tax regulations. The position will assist with the design and implementation of payroll policies and processes; internal control compliance and oversight; and review and management of payroll systems. Reviews policies impacting Payroll Operations including changes to facilitate continuous alignment across entities.
- Assists the Payroll Director with overall management and delivery of key strategic initiatives and organizational effectiveness efforts for Payroll.
- Manages timely and accurate payroll production f
- Manages timely and accurate deposits of payroll taxes and liabilities.
- Oversees timely and proper filings of payroll tax returns.
- Oversees timely and accurate issuance of W2s.
- Manages service delivery; ensure timely and accurate resolution of payroll issues.
- Maintains compliance with applicable federal, state, and local payroll and tax regulations.
- Provides all necessary supporting data, comply with interview requests, provide justifications, and responds to additional requests as needed to support to external and internal audits.
- Establishes payroll policies and procedures that align with companies overall direction.
- Develops checklists and monitoring tools to ensure proper and consistent application of payroll processes.
- Develops, implements, and manages systems, procedures, and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines for payroll.
- Staff retention and talent development – develop target goals and performance measures; enhanced skills and abilities; recruitment and redeployment; and address personnel issues, as appropriate.
- Ensure team can meet expanding business needs without compromising service quality. Ensure cross training is adequate throughout to ensure business continuity.
- Continuously reviews and redefines team members’ roles and responsibilities in support of ever changing needs of business, customers, and business partners.
- Works with HRIS and business partners to ensure payroll transactions are reported accurately and timely.
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited college or university, or equivalent
- Experience* Minimum ten (10) years of experience in managing payrolls for a large, complex environment preferably in healthcare
- Certified Payroll Professional certification is preferable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Multi-year experience with large ERP Payroll systems.
- Strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to develop an effective team.
- Strong Change Agent – proven ability to support organizational and business process changes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, internal controls, policies and regulations, including the ability to research and interpret new regulations and policies, applicable to Payroll.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage deliverables and timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to shift priorities and manage multiple tasks with competing priorities. + Results oriented – ability to manage and drive issues through completion.
- Proven ability to lead teams and build consensus
For immediate consideration, please apply!