Sr. Desktop Support Engineer
Menlo Park, CA
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, statewide, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
Option 1 Staffing is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to provide technical assistance to our Clients employees. You will help install, upgrade and troubleshoot hardware and software systems. This role reports to the IT Operations Manager, performs senior level technical support and manages oversees enterprise-level technology projects. To succeed in this role, you should have a problem-solving attitude along with the ability to give clear technical instructions. You should also be familiar with remote troubleshooting techniques.
A successful candidate will have detailed knowledge of Windows desktop software and hardware, with in depth understanding of Active Directory, GPO, Powershell, and other Microsoft related functions As part of a small team, this role will have a broad range of responsibilities and provide highly technical and complex solutions for a 24×7 financial service provider where uptime is mission critical. Ultimately, you will ensure prompt and accurate customer service and increase employee satisfaction.
● Address user issues related to PC hardware, software and networking.
● Use simple, step-by-step instructions and targeted questions, when conducting remote troubleshooting with employees.
● Use alternate solutions and workarounds when unable to immediately diagnose and fix the root issue.
● Be a source of escalation for junior staff and escalate unresolved issues to senior IT staff.
● Use ticket and asset tracking systems consistent with corporate policies.
● Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role
● Experience working with Windows Active Directory
● Working knowledge of office automation products
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions.
● Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
● Customer-oriented attitude
● Willingness to acquire new skills, learn new hardware and software, support teammates on IT and Network projects
For immediate consideration, please apply!
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.