SR. CLOUD SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, local, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
Option 1 Staffing is seeking a Sr. Cloud System Administrator / Automation Engineer to support on-premise and Azure cloud systems as well as develop tools and frameworks to automate workflows and repetitive tasks for one of our top clients. This is a direct hire position. This position is within the IT Operations Systems Infrastructure team and will be responsible for engineering solutions to improve operational quality, consistency, and efficiency. In addition to Tier-3 operational support for server and storage infrastructure including Windows server OS, Active Directory, SCCM, GPOs, Citrix VDI, Microsoft 365, etc., a significant focus will be on automating application deployment, onboarding/off boarding procedures, system and account provisioning, IaaS and PaaS scaling, and so-on.
- Automate OS provisioning, tools deployment, monitoring, and metrics, and other operations tasks
- Work with senior staff to recommend and design systems architecture and topology
- Spearhead the development of automation to optimize patching, and upgrade for endpoints and servers
- Drives provisioning, configuration, administration, and maintenance of existing and new workloads in Azure
- Work with extended IT team to plan and migrate on-prem services to Azure cloud
- Helps to assess IaaS/PaaS/SaaS technologies in determining a right Azure platform for the migrating workloads.
- Assists in driving maintenance and standardization for systems and services
- Assists in the planning and analysis of business problems and how they can be solved with innovative solutions, especially automation
- Test and implement new software solutions and services for the company
- Continually evaluate and propose more cost effective and efficient operations solutions
- Drive to address problems at the root to prevent future problems from reoccurring
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
- Assists in the development of IT process and procedures, training coursework and materials
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with employees through effective and timely communication
Required Education & Experience
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Seven (7) years of experience as a Windows Systems Administrator
- Three (3) years working in public cloud environments
- Proficiency with the below technologies
- Identity Management with Azure AD, Subscriptions, Azure Resource Manager
- Azure Portal, Cloud Shell, Azure CLI.
- Azure Virtual Networks, VNet Peering, Security Groups, Firewall and DNS zones
- Azure Virtual Machines, Scale sets and managing Azure Files
- Azure Monitor, LogAnalytics, and Network Watcher
- Strong understanding of Microsoft technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, Windows security, Microsoft 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- Three (3) years extensive scripting and automation experience
- Excellent scripting & automation skills using PowerShell, Python, Ruby, leveraging 3rd-party APIs, etc.
- Three (3) years supporting on-premise VMware or VDI environments
- Ability to work as part of team and independently; high emotional intelligence is required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrable track record of producing excellent documentation
- Microsoft Azure Administrator certification
- Citrix VDI knowledge and experience is a plus
For immediate consideration, please apply!
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.