- Assists with the monitoring of supplier performance through developing measuring tools and checking references.
- Works closely with Buyers to ensure standardization compliance.
- Interfaces with vendors regarding sourcing, pricing and related issues. Manages information utilizing manual or electronic systems.
- Issues bids, Requests for Information and Requests for Products and analyzes them for final decisions. Builds ongoing relationships with suppliers.
- Monitors and provides compliance to product standardization, vendor performance and reports findings to Purchasing Manager.
- Negotiates with vendors to ensure that goods and services purchased are priced competitively and that all contracts or pricing agreements meets SUMC guidelines.
- Performs order placement and interacts with vendors and SUMC departments regarding purchase orders to
- Communicate product delivery and pricing information.
- Works with the buyers to coordinates changes in purchase
- Orders with vendors.
- Processes purchase requisitions to include electronic requisitions, department specific custom requisitions
- Provides expertise in negotiating standard price-per-unit contracts. Identifies and implements strategies to realize cost reductions.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities
as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
- Experience: Three (3) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential
functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or
- Ability to apply judgment and make informed decisions
- Ability to conduct analysis and formulate conclusions
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus
- Ability to manage numerous central and offsite order and supply systems for the hospitals and clinics
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area
- Knowledge of general store keeping, inventory and stock control methods
- Knowledge of hospital billing systems and hospital rate file structures
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility
- Knowledge of new technologies (in specific field) and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes
- Knowledge of specialized medical and surgical supplies and equipment, primarily of a disposable nature
For immediate consideration, please apply!
- Excellent opportunity to work for a outstanding, large and growing company!
- Renown Healthcare Organization – Huge career growth potential!
- Awesome Benefits!
- Excellent salary!
- Medical Insurance
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.