SR. ACCOUNTING MANAGER
SAN MATEO, CA
OPTION 1 STAFFING is currently recruiting for a sharp Accounting Manager for one of our clients located in San Mateo, CA. This is a Direct Hire position.
Generally, reports to Responsibility Level 1, 2 or 3 superior. He or she is capable of building the internal accounting functions of the company, developing the financial system road map, and driving progress for improving the financial system processes. Sr. Accounting manager will involve on budgets, financial strategy, financial reporting, and forecasting. He or she will also be responsible for all tasks related to accounting; including month/quarter/year-end closing; general ledger management, preparation for various tax filing (corporate extension and estimate filing, sales tax, property tax, transfer pricing, JSOX, and provision tax etc.) and ledger preparation, and advise and provide supports to sales branches with necessary financial procedures.
JOB DUTIES TO INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Accounting Activities: Review and control sales, inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash, payroll and general ledgers along with supervising staff members.
- Accounting Activities: Prepares, review and control all financial transactions including financial systems, statements, analysis and reporting including strategy and forecasting, for the whole of the company.
- Accounting Activities: Maintain and oversees all accounting procedures and processes; follow and comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Reporting: Support CFO to perform group consolidation and prepare supporting documents used to report to the parent company along with financial variance analysis at quarterly basis. Identify and initiate necessary modification to the existing forms to gather financial data from all entities smoothly and efficiently
- Reporting: Support CFO to consolidate budget reports, preparation of budgets and analysis of budgets.
- Audit: Be the main point of contact for external and internal auditors’ requests. Analyze and prepare necessary documents to assist the quarterly and year-end closing audit and JSOX.
- Tax: Organize and review preparation for various tax filings throughout the year for all entities. The reports such as annual income tax, extension, estimate corporate tax, transfer pricing, and property tax and sales tax.
- Credit Risk Control: Establish and maintain customer credit limits for all company USA subsidiaries. Check customers’ accounts to request necessary action to sales people on a weekly basis. Monitor the customer trends and reevaluate as necessary. Reanalyze all customers’ background and reevaluate their credit limits annually.
- Policy and Procedures: Establish and revise appropriate and documented accounting policy and procedures for approval by Controller.
- Process Improvement: Identify process issues and implement or modify as necessary.
- Organizing: verify and reconcile accounts detail and maintain sub-ledgers for USA and resolving discrepancies by making adjustment entries. Unify the existing forms and processes in group companies in accordance with accounting principles, standards, regulations and policies.
- Education: BA in accounting
- Experience: 5- 8 yrs.
- Communication requirements: Well developed oral and written skills
- Software and computer knowledge:
- High level Excel, Word, Accounting Software (Oracle, SAP, with Solomon a plus)
Special skills or knowledge:
- Detail oriented, able to identify and solve issues. Must be flexible with work hours and schedules during peak reporting and closing deadline time frames.
For immediate consideration, please apply!