Palo Alto, CA
Great Team, Salary and Benefits! Apply Now!
Option 1 Staffing is currently recruiting for a Sr. Accountant on a contract to hire basis to work at a top hospital located in Palo Alto, CA. Must be professional, articulate, detailed oriented and enjoy working and solving problems.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial report related to the company’s organization including the development of the monthly Contractual Allowance Reserves and AR Net Down, as well as payment to physicians. You will perform diverse and specialized assignments, in assigned area of expertise, in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other lower level personnel.
• Ensures the accuracy and timely reporting for all Faculty Practice Organization related accounts.
• Responsible for overall Hospital Statistics maintenance.
• Assists in monthly, quarterly and annual period close process, as assigned.
• Designs, implements and maintains internal controls, reports for financial systems and interfaces.
• Prepares and/or reviews account reconciliations, cost reports, billings, bank reconciliations and various other financial reports, as assigned.
• Provides information to auditors and management as needed; prepares audit schedules as necessary.
• Recommends procedures and implements corrective action wherever indicated in operations, areas out of compliance with hospital policy, internal controls and accounting policies, as assigned.
• Reviews and/or prepares federal, state and other regulatory reports, ensuring compliance with established guidelines, as assigned.
• Reviews and/or prepares financial transaction and/or general ledger journal entries and supporting documentation for approved financial transactions journals to ensure their accuracy and takes necessary action to correct any errors.
Reviews, maintains, reconciles and updates general ledger accounts, as assigned. Minimum Qualifications Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Bachelor’s degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Medicare Cost Report experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to analyze and develop solutions to complex problems.
• Ability to apply judgment and informed decisions.
• Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to non-finance users to understand the appropriate use and limits of the information provided.
• Ability to communicate effective in written and verbal formats including summarizing data, presenting results.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to manage, organize, prioritize, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to work effectively both as a team player and leader.
• Knowledge of computer systems and software used in accounting.
• Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirement related to the functional area
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements for GAAP, tax issues, and financial reporting.
For immediate consideration, please apply!