Senior Financial Specialist – Financial Plan & Decision Support
Menlo Park, CA
Hybrid 1 day a week in office
Finance & Accounting
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, statewide, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
The Sr. Financial Specialist will perform highly specialized and complex financial analysis, budget analysis, and related fiscal functions for a large and diverse hospital service line/department or is responsible for coordinating a major budget/financial analysis program in the Finance Department. Duties include financial planning, forecasting and modeling, budget development, performance monitoring and management reporting. Prepares and provides complex analysis for special and high-level reports for review at the executive level. Provides leadership in the fiscal planning process and recommends process improvements.
- Advises managers on financial planning, analysis and system development. Support managers by modeling financial impacts.
- Assists in the development, implementation and management of financial systems, cost accounting systems and/or financial policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Collaborates with auditors and accountants to develop and maintain internal controls for compliance with state and internal audit standards. Provides information to internal/external auditors and management as requested.
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation of various financial reports, business plans and analyses for management.
- Develops budget or fiscal reporting formats. Develops and revises methodologies for forecasting cost and revenues; develops and maintains electronic
system to track the deviations between budgeted forecast and actual levels.
- Develops or coordinates preparation of budgets, program narratives and finance plans; analyzes financial projections and assists managers in developing budget proposals.
- Maintains liaison with operating department mangers to advice departments regarding financial results, budget variances, internal controls and related financial matters.
- Participates in the design and implementation of budget and financial system improvements. Uses computer software to model resource scenarios. Organizes and develops automated financial systems.
- Plans, develops, and coordinates the preparation of financial analyses and reports including, but not limited to, operational and capital budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information for management.
- Provides financial information which enables management to make informed long-term and short-term decisions.
- Recommends procedures and implements corrective action wherever indicated in operations, areas out of compliance with hospital policy, internal controls and accounting policies, as assigned.
- Reviews and/or prepares federal, state and other regulatory reports, ensuring compliance with established guidelines, as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university
Experience: Six (6) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to analyze and develop solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to analyze information, reach valid conclusions and make sound recommendation.
- Ability to apply judgment and informed decisions.
- Ability to apply sound independent judgment in the solution of complex financial problems.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to non-finance users to understand the appropriate use and limits of the information provided.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal formats including summarizing data, presenting results.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to evaluate business operations to compute affect to budget and funding expenditures.
- Ability to manage, organize, prioritize, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to model financial information and forecast data to arrive at conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team player and leader.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
- Knowledge of financial forecasting techniques.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirement related to the functional area.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of budgeting and finance including the analysis and reporting of financial data.
For immediate consideration, please apply!
- Excellent opportunity to work for a outstanding, large and growing company!
- Renown Healthcare Organization – Huge career growth potential!
- Awesome Benefits!
- Excellent salary!
- Medical Insurance
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.