SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTER MANAGER
REDWOOD CITY, CA
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, local, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
OPTION 1 Staffing is currently recruiting for a Security Operations Center Manager to join a rapidlly growing tech company. The Security Operations Center Manager will report directly to the Head of Security.
This individual will advise on various types of risks (security, regulatory, operational, and financial) and compliance matters. You will identify potential threats, conduct extensive research and assessments, evaluate risk levels, and work across teams to develop contingency plans and track the implementation of solutions that reduce and control risks. You will also support the business with responding to subject matter relevant client due diligence inquiries and with assisting in the completion of internal and external compliance audits.
This is a great opportunity for qualified candidates who would succeed best in a fast-moving startup environment.
• Conduct assessments to define and analyze possible risks
• Help in building and managing Security Operations Center
• Implement and Manage Security Incident and Events manager
• Provide direction to the red team and help in building a testing program
• Research and help in integrating security tools within the SDLC
• Coordinate the vulnerability management program
• Exemplify a strong working knowledge of information security by serving as an internal SME while also being able to work as a hands-on security manager
• Analyze each security incident to determine the appropriate course of action/type of report (i.e. reporting incidents to legal/compliance teams)
• Assist our security operations/IT team in bolstering cybersecurity defense strategies against incidents such as phishing, malware, and other cyber threats
• Work cross-functionally with corresponding team members from our engineering and dev ops. Teams
• Assist with the completion of internal and external compliance audits (e.g. SOC 1 and SOC 2)
• Develop and present metric-based reports on the status of current info security programs as well as new initiatives to executive leadership team and board of directors
• Develop risk management controls and systems and design processes to eliminate or mitigate potential risks
• Create contingency plans to manage crises and evaluate existing policies and procedures and propose opportunities for improvement
• Document findings, remediation plans, and maintain a risk register
• 7+ years of relevant experience within information security
• Experience in establishing and running a SecOps team
• Experience in implementing SIEM
• Experience in managing SOC teams
• BS/BA in a related field
• Knowledge of security/risk management and control frameworks
• Knowledge of of information security and privacy standards and regulations
• Certifications within security such as CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM, are highly preferred
• Experience with auditing and reporting procedures (SOC 1, SOC 2)
• Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency or digital assets is a plus
• Superior organization, project management skills, and attention to detail
• High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential information
Here are some of the benefits of working at our client’s company.
• Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
• 100% company paid health insurance for employee, spouse/partner and children (medical, vision, dental, life, FSA, HSA)
• 401k company match up to 5%
• Catered custom lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee at the office
• Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
• Generous paid time off
• Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment!
For immediate consideration, please apply!
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logic highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.