PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE I
PALO ALTO, CA
The Patient Access Services job is responsible for completing patient admissions and registration functions. Identifies patients’ insurance coverage or existing financial resources to pay for medical care and services. Handles routine customer service inquiries and concerns. Processes necessary admission/registration paperwork and obtains necessary documents for billing and compliance requirements.
The PAR I position is intended as an entry-level position for individuals with limited background in patient admitting/registration, recent graduates from trade schools and training programs, and/or experience in non-healthcare with customer service background.
What you will do
• Assures secure handling and accurate recording of payments collected at the point-of-service delivery.
• Builds a foundational understanding of the different health insurance coverage options and the related processes and procedures.
• Able to handle routine/simple patient escalations and perform service recovery.
• Escalates any advanced or complex registrations to a more experienced team member.
• Greets patients and begins the registration process.
• Meets weekly individual productivity and key performance indicators and standards while following planned priorities as set by the department leadership team.
• Provides excellent customer service to all individuals with whom the employee has contact.
• The specific job duties will be comprised of a combination of responsibilities for all areas of Patient Access Service operations.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent. Experience Qualifications
• One (1) year of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Language: Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish).
• Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
• Ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology such as Medicare, Medi-Cal, Workers Comp, Managed Care (HMO, PPO, POS, etc.), Children’s Health Programs (CCS, GHPP, Healthy Families, etc.).
For immediate consideration, please apply!
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logic highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.