MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA
Top 4 Things:
2.LAN and WAN Technologies experience
3.Wireless Networking experience
-Network device moves, adds and changes
-Excel and Visio experience
-Cisco Wireless Lan Controllers
The Network Engineer is a member of the Network Group within Technical Services. Responsible for planning, engineering, installing, monitoring, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving complex problems associated with the business critical network infrastructure within a 24x7x365 high-availability healthcare environment. Consults with the Infrastructure Supervisor on complex network related issues. Responsibilities include planning, design, forecasting, deployment, documentation, capacity management, updates, and other ongoing daily management of the network infrastructure. Plans, designs, implements, and supports scalable local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VoIP). Conducts tests of network redundancy, resilience, and failover of network elements to ensure up-time standards are fully achieved. Daily interaction with Server Engineers, Telecom Engineers, Applications Analysts, Security Analysts, and other members of Technical Services on the day-to-day operations and projects that depend on network connectivity. Mentoring, project management, excellent troubleshooting and communication skills are required for success. Will be required to provide 24×7 on-call rotations with some evening and weekend work required as necessary.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND four years relevant network work experience in Information Technology within healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment.
Eight years relevant network work experience in Information Technology with at least two years experience being within healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment.
2. Demonstrated experience in handling network device (i.e. switch, router) moves, adds and changes.
3. Demonstrated data cabling experience. Strong data center and data closet cable management skills and experience.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of internetworking systems and architectures, protocols and carrier services.
5. Demonstrable documentation experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Visio.
6. Experience with Cisco Catalyst switches (3560s, 3750s, 4500s, 6500s) & routers (2800s, 3900s, etc.).
7. Experience with Cisco Wireless LAN controllers.
8. Thorough knowledge of spanning tree, vlans, trunks.
9. Working knowledge of routing and dynamic routing protocols OSPF, EIGRP.
10. Working comprehension of the OSI reference model.
11. Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
12. Ability to build organizational partnerships with others, and be able to negotiate and build consensus.
13. Ability to manage own time and schedule own tasks. Must take the initiative to work efficiently without constant supervision and direction.
14. Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative, and analytical abilities.
15. Must be able to work varied shifts and/or additional hours.
16. Ability to read, write, hear, and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
1. Successful completion of additional related certification such as CCIE, MCSE, etc.
2. Knowledge of VPN & firewall configurations on PIX/ASA.
3. Knowledge of AAA configurations and Cisco ACS.
4. Knowledge of FCOE, Nexus, MDS/SAN.
5. Experience with Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor and other Solarwinds applications (NCM, IPAM, NTA).
1. Successful completion of Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or other comparable certification. Must present evidence of certification.
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.