Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, local, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
Option 1 Staffing is currently recruiting for Medical Record Clerks to assist with a conversion. This is a well known healthcare facility. Excellent career opportunity! Apply now.
- Patient Records Verification and Validation
- Updating Patient Demographics
- Scanning and Indexing Patient Files
- Knowledge of – HIMS
- Attention to Detail
- Data Entry
- One year experience.
- EOB experience a plus
- Retrieve medical records according to departmental procedures within the time frames established by supervisor for scheduled and unscheduled record requests
- Complete a record request slip, or receive one already completed, assuring that patient name, unit number, requesting department or specific requesters’ name and date of request is on the slip.
- Identify the area of record location i.e. file area, secondary storage area, incomplete record location or microfilm with minimal assistance.
- Retrieve the requested record or microfilm and replace it with a charge-out containing a record request slip.
- If a record is on microfilm, demonstrates ability to copy requested parts of the record using the microfilm reader/printer.
- Update record location in the computerized or manual log books record tracking systems according to departmental procedure.
- If a record is not within the department, contact the appropriate area for record retrieval or communicate status to the requesting area.
- Demonstrates the ability to locate “can’t locate” records using ingenuity and analytical skills to evaluate potential location.
- File medical records according to departmental procedure on a daily basis with 100% accuracy.
- Sort returned records according to complete and incomplete records.
- File records in the exact appropriate location i.e. file area, secondary storage areas, incomplete areas within the department.
- Update record location in the computerized or manual log books record tracking systems according to departmental procedures.
- Attach medical reports to the appropriate records according to departmental procedures on a daily basis within the time frame established by the supervisor for each report type.
- Sort the various reports by report type and arrange in terminal digit order.
- Retrieve the correct medical record and insert the report in the proper place in the record.
- Refile the record in the correct place.
- Handle telephone calls received in the file area in an efficient and courteous manner according to departmental procedure.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High level of confidentiality
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent required.
For immediate consideration, please apply!
- Excellent opportunity to work for a outstanding, large and growing company!
- Renown Healthcare Organization – Huge career growth potential!
- Awesome Benefits!
- Excellent salary!
- Medical Insurance
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logic highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.