MANAGER IT DESKTOP SERVICES
SANTA CLARA, CA
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, statewide, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
The Manager IT Desktop Services provides leadership for and management of the systems, services, and support provided by the Desktop Support and Desktop Engineering teams within Technical Services. These teams are comprised of Technicians and Engineers providing 24×7 coverage of support and engineering of end-user computing solutions, services, and systems. This position is responsible for establishing and ensuring achievement of regular and measurable goals for the training and development of individual staff members. The Manager IT Desktop Services develops and implements processes and support structures to maintain superior service and ensures that the functional needs of the organization are understood and met. The Manager IT Desktop Services is responsible for critical decision making and coordination, and is the escalation point for end user computing issues and needs. For projects and other defined engagements, the Manager IT Desktop Services ensures proper resources are assigned and acts as the primary contact, lead, and coordinator when necessary. This position also acts as a consultative resource for major systems related projects, which include upgrades, conversions, implementations, and decommissions. The scope of this position covers the management of all Desktop Support and Desktop Engineering staff and functions for our Client, its campuses, and associated businesses. This position is required to provide 24×7 on-call Duty Manager rotation in addition to some evening and weekend work as necessary for adds, moves, changes, upgrades, and go-lives.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or Management, or two years directly related experience may be substituted for each year of college.
· Five years of relevant experience in Information Technology with at least three years of experience within a healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment.
· Three years of work experience in a position that required supervisory, management, comparable leadership, or project management responsibilities.
· Candidate must have previously managed VDI architecture, including experience designing, building, and supporting a VMware Horizon View or Citrix XenDesktop VDI environment. Candidate may be asked to present to a technical panel on VDI architecture including their experience, approach, and recommendations.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and explain to others complex technical information.
· Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
· Demonstrated project management skills (technology and people) with a track record of achieving goals within set timelines and budget.
· Proven skills building, managing, coaching, and developing technical staff as well as excellent team work skills across functions.
· Must demonstrate excellent written/verbal interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, writing, interpersonal, and presentation skills.The ability to manage and work on multiple activities, projects, and escalations at the same time, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment.Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Demonstrated resourcefulness, initiative, and analytical abilities.Ability to read, write, hear, and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
Applicable desktop related certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, Dell, VMware, Apple, preferred.
For immediate consideration, please apply!
For immediate consideration, please apply!
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.