Palo Alto, CA
Ideal Candidate would be to hire someone who takes initiative, not looking for someone who is going through the paces. The team has been together for 5+ years and our Client is looking for a long term team player.
· Provides day to day support for systems including the design, implementation, configuration, and administering Linux operating systems and the management of infrastructure hardware.
· Resolves problems related to Linux operating systems. Researches market for new trends and contributes to identifying system enhancements.
· Manages projects effectively. Assures smooth turnover of projects, right from initiation to implementation and training, to support services within IS as well as other user departments.
· Contributes to VIO, microcode, and firmware upgrades
· Provides Operating System technical and break/fix level support to ensure system performance.
· Updates standard operating procedures.
· Automates daily & operational tasks with tools and processes.
· Reviews design specs and develops plan for testing a product. Executes tests at the product level.
· Contributes to system set-up and maintenance efforts.
· Collaborates on implementing new and additional technologies that will improve the infrastructure.
· Contributes to gap analysis to determine where current infrastructure does not meet client/organizational needs and propose appropriate improvements.
· Provides escalated support for Tier 1 Customer Support.
· Coordinates risk and release through configuration management, patch management, and version control.
· Provides support for backup infrastructure including but not limited to job error review, agent installations, job creation, repository capacity planning etc. Experience with Veeam Backup and Recovery a plus.
· Provides support for monitoring tools, including alert creation, troubleshooting, suppression requests etc.
Minimum Qualifications Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent educational and/or work experience.
Experience: Five (5) years of related systems engineering experience including experience with Unix / Linux, and scripting with Bash, Python or other languages.
License/Certification: None required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through
qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
· Knowledge and experience in RedHat Linux administration on RHEL7, RHEL8, RedHat Clustering, VMware, ESX
· Shell scripting and automation skills (Ansible, python or bash preferred)
· Knowledge of Redhat Satellite server patching
· Knowledge in high availability or clustering systems engineering
· Prior knowledge of HIPPA requirements for data or healthcare experience preferred
· Familiarity with various Server models and Management Consoles.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
· Ability to debug and troubleshoot network, performance and software issues
· Knowledge of SAN based disk solutions and their configurations
· Ability to work independently but also must be strong in team partnership
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organization skills
· Ability to recommend, design, develop, and implement software and hardware solutions
We’re excited to hear from you! Please apply for immediate consideration!
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S. that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our client’s satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.