Information Security Engineer
Menlo Park, CA
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, local, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Information Security Operations, the Information Security Engineer is responsible for maintaining the high availability, configuration/efficiency and implementation of information security tools, systems and services
- Collaborates across the company to guide the direction of mobile security, working with hardware, software, research and product teams
- Researches, designs, and develops architecture solutions meeting internal and external security requirements and standards
- Drives defense-in-depth security for the organization to protect critical IT assets and data
- Works extensively in networking products/technologies such as: routing and routing protocols, L2/L3 switching, Next Gen firewalls, IPS/IDS, Remote Access, VPN, SIEM, IAM, Encryption, VDI, and Mobile security
- Works with customers, partners to identify and address security issues and threats.
- Evangelizes security across the engineering team and other business departments.
- Assesses risks proactively and expresses concerns to engineering and operations teams.
- Develops and executes security processes, policies, and procedures in collaboration with Manager.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves vulnerabilities
- Participates in incident response and management as required 24×7
- Completes assessments and coordinates responses to threats/attacks to the technology infrastructure and supported applications/systems
- Responsible for Desktop, server, application, database, and network security principles for threat identification and analysis
- Participates in multiple Projects and manages large projects as required
- Serves as an information security subject matter expert
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
BA or BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
Five (5) or more years of security engineering, design, and implementation experience.
License/Certification : None required.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of the threat landscape and threat intelligence methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions on remediation and counter measures
- Thorough understanding of network defense technologies, TCP/IP networking, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, network security monitoring tools, secure engineering principles and technical security testing
- Working knowledge of global threats to cyber security and understanding of the tools and tactics utilized by threat actors
- Experience with a scripting language (Perl, Python, or other) in an incident response environment
- Extensive Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix experience including deep knowledge of file system layout, log file analysis, timeline creation, web browser forensics and file carving
- Ability to deliver succinct and fact-based communications, both verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and act to resolve problems
- Customer-focused mindset, with demonstrated skill in managing expectations, providing proactive status updates, and producing high-quality work product
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required. Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation), interpersonal and consultative skills will be needed in order to succeed
- Good communication skills and ability to present to diverse audiences of varying organizational levels • Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility
- Ability to work in a team or independently.
For immediate consideration, please apply!
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logic highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.