FOSTER CITY, CA
Option 1 Staffing is currently recruiting for a HR Assistant for a medium size company located in Foster City, CA. Under the direct supervision of the manager/director, provide human resources administrative support. Act as the first point of contact for most human resources inquiries, and serve as a resource to staff and faculty on human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Serve as a resource on human resources issues, effectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures. Resolve basic issues as appropriate. Refer other issues to human resources manager/director or supervisor for resolution.
- Coordinate the recruitment process, including job postings, interview scheduling, and applicant disposition with hiring managers, human resources staff, and/or supervisors.
- Support and coordinate employment activities (transactions and documentation). Assist in onboarding and exit process of staff.
- May support the process (transactions and documentation) for academic and staff appointments/reappointments and student/post-doctoral appointments.
- Coordinate and/or perform HRIS data management activities, including initiating transactions and running reports for compliance, audit, and metrics purposes. Ensure data integrity, and serve as primary contact for identifying and resolving pay issues. May perform time and leave administration duties and input data to financial system.
- Explain applicable disability and leave procedures, and generate related correspondence; update and maintain reports to track leaves.
- Assist in the communication of the annual performance appraisal process; review and track incoming performance appraisal forms.
- Maintain personnel and human resources related files.
- Provide general administrative support for human resources staff.
Education & Experience:
Associate degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn and apply general human resources policies using problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to consistently follow through with projects and assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems. Experience using email and internet.
For immediate consideration, please apply!