FINANCIAL ANALYST II
30 HOURS A WEEK-REMOTE
STANFORD UNIVERSITY, CA
OPTION 1 STAFFING is currently recruiting for a Financial Analyst II. To begin this job is 30 hours a week remote. You will be reporting to the VPUE Director of Finance, you will work as part of a collaborative finance team to disseminate, synthesize, analyze, and consolidate financial results from VPUE’s operational units and central programs, identify and research variances, and review submissions from program managers for accuracy and appropriateness. You will also support the central accounting and reporting needs of VPUE, including processing of fund transfers, approval of financial transactions, oversight of expenses for compliance with university and VPUE financial policies, and tracking of financial agreements. You will develop and maintain an understanding of VPUE’s restricted fund balances and authorized uses, assist with creating and maintaining financial reports, and perform ad hoc analyses, as needed.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform and design ad hoc analyses, reconciliations, and reports of large, complex data sets and financial metrics for management and third parties.
- Construct and assemble data for forecasting and decision making; interpolate results from large amounts of data; identify trends; research variances; present quantitative and qualitative summary of conclusions and recommendations.
- Process monthly fund transfers, manage commitments, gift approvals, PTA set up and maintenance.
- Identify and resolve unique issues which may span multiple areas; apply ingenuity and creativity to problem analysis and resolution; recognize exceptions; participate in developing solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes; maintain broader organizational and university perspective in decision making.
- Engage in continuous critical analysis of existing systems and processes; make recommendations to achieve greater efficiencies and improve internal controls.
- Participate as a member of the VPO finance team; provide cross-coverage support, as needed.
- Perform Ad hoc analysis and participate in special financial projects
- Remote position
- Part Time 20 – 30 hours a week
- Stanford experience is a plus
- Strong Excel skills
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems;internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong professional communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to maturely and diplomatically interact with, prepare materials for, and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and management.
- Project management skills and ability to contribute to or lead part of a multi-functional team.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and financial software applications;
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and organizational skills and ability to manage and manipulate large data sets; thorough knowledge of financial modeling, variance analysis, and common practices used for financial forecasting, ideally in an academic setting.
- Ability to plan and organize work independently, manage priorities, and utilize available resources to complete quality work within time constraints and under minimal supervision.
For immediate consideration, please apply!