END USER SERVICES TECHNICIAN/DESKTOP SUPPORT
LONG TERM CONTRACT
REDWOOD CITY, CA
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, local, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
In this role, the End User Services Technician will interface with all levels of customers from the nurses, physicians to executive leadership. Support includes the main hospital campus and all of the Ambulatory and Clinic locations which are geographically dispersed throughout the California Bay Area. This role will serve as Subject Matter Expert for a multiple areas/zones and will be the escalation point for other End User Services Technicians. This role at times may operate (in a limited capacity) as a Team Lead, in the absence of the Team Lead. Healthcare experience a plus.
- Opens support tickets for inbound calls, email and monitoring offline servers, power and ISP, works on open tickets to resolution and/or develop workarounds until resolution can be achieved, escalate tickets to next level support as necessary and communicate regularly and effectively with clients on open ticket status
- Researches issues using all available resources
- Resolves escalated tickets
- Proactively addresses day-to-day network issues (back-ups, etc.)
- Determines the root cause of problems and work proactively to address them
- Coordinates and work with vendors
- Trains end users in the proper use of hardware and software
- Creates and assists in the maintenance of network documentation
- Maintains records of daily data communication transactions, issues and remedial actions taken or installation activities
- Performs after hours pager support on a rotation
- Provides timely and creative solutions to end-user computer issues of a moderate to complex nature to ensure end-user productivity
- Analyzes consistent or repetitive issues or problems, develop creative solutions and assess risks / benefits; develop strategies for resolving identified issues and how to prevent future occurrences
- Coordinates configuration/installation and general troubleshooting of all end-user (Mac & Windows) hardware, software and peripherals. Performs restorative and maintenance actions either remotely or at the end-user’s location to resolve problems using basic troubleshooting and technical skills
- Responds to situations where standard procedures have failed in isolating or fixing problem equipment or software installations, moves and configuration changes
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software on end-user computer systems
- Coordinates the deployment, testing, maintenance, support and upgrade for end-user Mac and Windows hardware, software, including operating systems and software updates
- Provides expert level support of clinical software and hardware;
- Coordinates timely support and repair on various Information Service equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements
- Coordinates department related Information Service incidents assigned, ensuring maximum issue resolution in minimum time with the end-user the main focus
- Document supported systems and application procedures and processes
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Completion of a certificate program or technical school in computer science or related field
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Ability to develop and expand customer focused technology solutions.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of network technology including, but not limited to, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LANs, WANs, NAT and wireless
- Knowledge Microsoft Windows, Mac and Mobile device (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, etc) terminology
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speech and writing so that others (technical and non-technical) will understand
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to actively listen: giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Ability to follow directions well
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as independently
- Ability to relate to clients in a meaningful way – “having a unique personal touch”
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to stay in touch with technology changes and our client’s operating environment changes
- Knowledge of Windows and Android mobile client devices, and Apple iOS products
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, peers, and customers, via email, phone and in face-to-face situations (written and verbal)
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.
- Healthcare experience a plus.
- Excellent opportunity to work for a outstanding, large and growing company!
- Renown Healthcare Organization – Huge career growth potential!
- Excellent salary!
- Medical Insurance
For immediate consideration, please apply!
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logic highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.