DIRECTOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN
PALO ALTO, CA
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, statewide, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
The Director of Operational Excellence is responsible for improving the efficiency of operations across Supply Chain including managing programs/projects, strategic planning, performance improvement, and team building.
- Sets vision for and leads the Project Management and Performance Improvement team and work within Supply Chain
- Acts in an advisory role to all Supply Chain departments, programs, staff, and leaders
- Coaches staff and leaders across a variety of roles and seniority on skills and activities required for achieving performance improvement and building improvement capability. Relevant areas include, but are not limited to, achieving organizational alignment, applying common improvement methods, managing group dynamics and interpersonal relationships, using data to drive improvement, using systems thinking, and promoting organizational learning.
- Directs and assures the efficient operation of day-to-day activities
- Facilitates process improvement activities within the business unit and mentors/coaches’ staff on lean principles
- Implements, oversees, and continuously improves systems, processes, and standard work to drive the successful management of Supply Chain
- Leads the implementation of programs and/or projects
- Makes necessary technical, professional, business, budget and process decisions and ensures that all needed decisions are accomplished according to schedule, scope, quality, and budget guidelines
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement methodology (Lean or similar), analytics, change management/organizational development, program development and planning, project management.
- Professional experience in performance and process analysis and improvement that demonstrates the following:
- Comprehensive business knowledge (organization structure, business functions, processes, procedures, goals, objectives, measures, metrics, internal self-assessment processes, etc.
- Successful application of Toyota Production System (TPS)/Lean process/performance improvement and problem-solving principles, tools, and methodologies.
- Successful application of change management strategies and skills.
- Must be well organized and systematic in work processes, possess excellent communication and collaboration skills; ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities while managing aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to delegate assignments and share decision-making with team members as appropriate.
- Must have strong leadership skills and be able to lead project teams, exercising strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university Required
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Six+ (6+) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience Required
For immediate consideration, please apply!
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.