About the job
Option 1 Staffing is looking for a Director of Supply Chain and Strategic Sourcing to support our client’s rapidly growing RUO & Clinical Instruments and Reagent operations globally. This position will drive the establishment and “best practices” of the Supply Chain and Strategic Sourcing function within the organization. This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Supply Chain’s Strategic Sourcing policies, processes, and procedures, including Sourcing Strategy, Vendor Qualification, Sourcing Process, Vendor Negotiations, Vendor Selection, and Strategic Supplier Relationship Management. The position will be responsible for building, managing and developing a high performing team in the sourcing function as well as establishing a culture of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and lead a Supply Chain and Strategic Sourcing Center of Excellence
- Establish Strategic Sourcing function, creating the necessary procedures, processes, building and developing the required team-including coaching and skill development
- Ensure timely execution and completion of Supply Chain sourcing events
- Driving improvements and efficiencies resulting in added value to the organization
- Fostering collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g. Clinical Operations, Development, Regulatory, Quality, Operations, Finance, etc.) and understanding organizational needs
- Establish a strategic governance supplier relationship management program to ensure supplier partnerships are properly developed, managed, and monitored
- Facilitate and execute supplier governance meetings and operating reviews, develop and facilitate QBR’s with strategic suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Establish and manage strategic/effective relationships with strategic suppliers, establishing meaningful metrics, driving innovation, identifying, and mitigating risk and generating value creation
- Understanding the marketplace, obtaining relevant Market Intelligence that not only ensures effective and educated decision making but also provides strategic forward knowledge enabling future sourcing strategy development. Including understanding and monitoring critical supply markets, anticipated industry developments and future innovative service offerings
- Maximize company working capital by optimizing purchasing processes, maximize inventory turns and minimize inventory days
- Managing day to day sourcing operations, ensure competitive landscape through RFQs/RFPs, proposal analysis, selection decisions, and negotiating contracts
- True partner to product life cycle process, optimize supply chain model to minimize E&O and potential scrap in a high engineering change order environment
- Negotiates contracts, executes against innovative sourcing agreements to achieve savings, and maintain a competitive supplier portfolio
- Creates competitive advantage by optimizing spend in products, materials and services as well as developing strategies, processes and leading practice across all purchasing and supply chain functions globally.
- Standardization of purchasing and sourcing processes across multiple manufacturing facilities, including R&D sourcing
- Overseeing contracting process within Technical Operations
- Managing key strategic accounts, as assigned
- BA or BS degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- 10+ experience in Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Management, Contracting and/or Category Management Leadership roles
- Experience with International/Global Sourcing and Contracts
- Strong market analysis skills and experience in product review and standardization
- Proven leadership in developing strategic relationships and evolving supply networks
- Hands on Leader with demonstrated exceptional relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills – advance management experience and team development
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making, planning, analytical and project management skills
- Deep analytical skills, must be able to analyze and interpret data to craft actionable recommendations
- Ability to achieve strategic goals within budget
- Advance user of Microsoft office and NetSuite
- Master’s Degree
- CPSM, CPM or other Sourcing / Procurement related certifications
- 8+ years supervisory experience
- Proven value delivery and stakeholder satisfaction
- Be able to interpret contract language
- Excellent opportunity to work for a outstanding, large and growing company!
- Awesome Benefits!
- Excellent salary!
- Great team
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logic highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.