SAN JOSE, CA
CONTRACT TO HIRE
OPTION 1 Staffing is currently recruiting for a Desktop Support Specialist for a Contract to Hire position with a successful financial company in San Jose, CA.
The Desktop Support Specialist is primarily responsible for ensuring continuity of IT services for our employees by providing your technical expertise in face to face, phone and a small amount of remote support. Must have the technical expertise, assistance and project coordination necessary to deploy, configure and support computer hardware/software products including peripherals, desk/mobile phones and desktop/conference room based audio/video.
The right candidate will be someone who has strong interpersonal skills, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work well with others at all levels including senior management staff, technology vendors and partners, and end-users. The Desktop Support Specialist must be flexible, well organized and pay close attention to detail. The person must be able to work independently as well as with a team on complex tasks which require analysis and action.
- Provide all tiers of helpdesk support and training to end users.
- Deploy, upgrade and configure PCs/Macs/tablets/printers/desk phones/iOS and Android devices and other end user devices.
- Perform hands-on technical upgrades and deployments and serve as a team on various upgrades and maintenance activities.
- End user application installation, support, training centered around the office suite, other productivity applications and various scientific software packages
- Work closely with other IT staff and outside vendors to ensure continuity and a high level of service.
- Provide technical assistance, direction and advice to users as needed.
- Support audio/video software and hardware codecs used on desktop and in the conference rooms throughout the company offices
- Help to develop, document and train users on IT systems, best practices, company policies and SOPs.
- Assist in implementing best practices that will more effectively utilize IT resources.
- Be on-call for all periods as assigned by manager.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in IT and make recommendations as it pertains to your position.
- Other responsibilities and projects may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- No less than 3 years desktop support experience. Experience in Biotech/Pharma highly desirable.
- Familiarity with medical and fiscal regulatory environments highly desirable.
- Hardware: desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, desk phones, smartphones, other computer peripherals, network switches
- Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8/10, OSX, Windows 2012/16
- MS Office Suite 2016, MS Visio, MS Project, Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, Desktop conferencing (WebEx, Skype, Zoom, etc), various scientific applications
- Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint
- A/V: projectors, LED displays, Polycom tabletop conference phones,
- Logitech webcam, Polycom video codecs, audio conference bridge services, conference room automation
- Technically proficient with basic networking concepts and corporate network devices: firewalls, switches, wireless routers/access points, VLANs etc.
- Experience with instrument based and non-instrument based scientific/research software a plus.
For immediate consideration, please apply!