SR. AND JR. LEVEL OPENINGS
6 MONTH CONTRACT LONG TERM
PALO ALTO, CA
Sr. and Jr. Level Multiple Openings!
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, local recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Administrative, Accounting, IT, Finance and Non Clinical Healthcare professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
Option 1 Staffing is currently recruiting for Sr. and Jr. Level Desktop Support Technicians with 5 to 10 years of Desktop Support experience. We have multiple openings and our client is hiring now! This is an excellent opportunity to work for a outstanding, large and growing company. Excellent salary, opportunity and team! Our client is interviewing now so please send in your resume for immediate consideration.
The Desktop Support Technician will interface with all levels of customers from staff employees to executive leadership. Responsible for the day to day performance and operation of all end user devices (printers, PCs, laptops, mobile devices, etc) hardware and software. Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs computer peripherals, etc, monitors’ performance, diagnoses and resolves problems. Provides accurate, timely and creative solutions to end-user computer and network problems. Adheres to standard IT practices, techniques and established escalation processes. Manages installation related efforts and participates in IT projects across the organization.
- Opens support tickets for inbound calls, email and monitoring offline servers, power and ISP, works on open tickets to resolution and/or develop workarounds until resolution can be achieved, escalate tickets to next level support as necessary and communicate regularly and effectively with clients on open ticket status
- Researches issues using all available resources
- Proactively addresses day-to-day network issues (back-ups, etc.)
- Determines the root cause of problems and work proactively to address them
- Trains end users in the proper use of hardware and software
- Creates and assists in the maintenance of network documentation
- Maintains records of daily data communication transactions, issues and remedial actions taken or installation activities
- Performs after hours pager support on a rotation
- Provides timely and creative solutions to end-user computer issues of a moderate nature to ensure end-user productivity
- Coordinates configuration/installation and general troubleshooting of all end-user (Mac & Windows) hardware, software and peripherals. Performs restorative and maintenance actions either remotely or at the end-user’s location to resolve problems using basic troubleshooting and technical skills
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software on end-user computer systems
- Coordinates timely support and repair on various Information Service equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements
- Coordinates department related Information Service incidents assigned, ensuring maximum issue resolution in minimum time with the end-user the main focus
- Document supported systems and application procedures and processes
Experience: Five (5) to Ten (10) years plus of progressively responsible directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to develop and expand customer focused technology solutions.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of network technology including, but not limited to, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LANs, WANs, NAT and wireless
- Knowledge Microsoft Windows, Mac and Mobile device (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, etc) terminology
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speech and writing so that others (technical and non-technical) will understand
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to actively listen: giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Ability to follow directions well
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as independently
- Ability to relate to clients in a meaningful way – “having a unique personal touch”
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to stay in touch with technology changes and our client’s operating environment changes
- Knowledge of Windows and Android mobile client devices, and Apple iOS products
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, peers, and customers, via email, phone and in face-to-face situations (written and verbal)
For immediate consideration, please apply!