DATA CENTER FACILITIES ENGINEER l
PALO ALTO, CA
OPTION 1 Staffing is currently recruiting for a Data Center Facilities Engineer. This is a contract position at Stanford University
Perform technical engineering responsibilities applying standard planning, design and engineering principles in the construction, modification, operation,
maintenance and utilities servicing of university facilities.
• Monitor, report and respond to incidents that impact building infrastructure and associated systems for mission critical facilties.
• Develop, document, monitor, and analyze new and existing initiatives, such as site operating procedures
• Prepare technical plans and reviews, for maintenance and construction activities.
• Assist with permitting and inspection activities (e.g., agency coordination, permit applications).
• Assist with project activities (e.g., coordinate with technical team members, review internal draft materials prepared by others to ensure quality and consistency,
track project status, handle internal and client communications).
• Assist project planners with site analysis and proposal recommendations.
• Advise on feasibility and costs, working with outside contractors, public utility contacts, Stanford utilities groups, and Stanford user groups.•
• Participate in department maintenance activities.
*Other duties may be assigned.
• Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
• Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering discipline or other appropriate specialty, or combination of education and work experience meeting the CA Engineer-in-Training requirements. At least two (2) years of directly related experience working in or in direct support of data center or mission critical facility environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The candidate will be a member of a team, which is
responsible for the planning, management, construction and maintenance of UIT computing facilities and associated infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to:
Two large computing facilities (approximately 25K square feet), eight geographically distributed Electronic Communications Hubs (approximately
18K square feet).
This position will assist with overseeing the operational maintenance and construction of the building infrastructure and associated systems that directly support the University’s highly specialized and mission critical computing facilities. These systems include, but are not limited to UPS and DC power systems, building security systems, power distribution systems, mechanical, plumbing and other systems commonly found in a data center or mission critical facility environments.
Candidates should have knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, including building management systems for Tridium Niagara DDC or Emerson DeltaV
This position shall assist with coordinating and overseeing maintenance and construction activities necessary to maintain and/or upgrade the building infrastructure systems to ensure maximum uptime for internal and external customer equipment that resides in these facilities. Candidates must be highly self-motivated with strong technical analytic skills. They must have the ability to assess risk and evaluate alternatives to reduce risk.
This position shall participate in and assist with supporting project planners that include collecting estimates for projects, tracking of project budget, support project activities, and subsequent maintenance of systems in accordance with SLAs etc. Candidates should have experience in project management and be able to demonstrate specific attention to detail. They must have the ability to use good judgment under pressure, convey information well in both written and oral form, and work in a team environment.
This position will be required to collect and maintain reports and records for existing system architecture, current capacity levels, and ongoing maintenance and
refresh cycle data.
This position will assist with implementing plans to support disaster preparedness and recovery, as well as maintaining building security plans and access
Candidate should have basic understanding of emergency situations and escalation processes.
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, Visio or AutoCad. Candidate should have good understanding of Data
Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) systems with StruxureWare Data Center Operations and Data Center Expert, and Panduit Synapsense systems.
Certificates and Licenses
Must have and maintain a valid California Drivers License.
For immediate consideration please apply!