Customer Resolution Specialists- 2 positions
Contract Long Term
Menlo Park and Newark, CA
OPTION 1 STAFFING is currently recruiting for Customer Resolution Specialists who will be responsible for performing customer care activities in accordance with applicable Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations. These responsibilities include but are not limited to customer service, billing and/or patient account balance collection activities associated with the hospital and professional revenue cycle.
- “Performs or requests adjustments and contractual write offs as applicable.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of hospital and professional billing procedures and payment practices of state, federal and all third party payers.
- Resolves HB and PB customer service inquires which could include:
- Benefit and eligibility information
- Billing and payment issues
- Authorization for treatment
- Explanation of benefits (EOB)
- Perform timely and efficient collection of all HB and PB self-pay balances by calling patients/guarantors and others to collect or arrange budget plan options and resolve issues.
- Performs presumptive charity determinations as applicable.
- Performs bad debt request transfers as applicable.
- Ensures daily productivity standards of assigned accounts are met and posting of all action codes related to patient’s accounts.
- Maintains a thorough, practical understanding of departmental established policies and procedures.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent
Experience: Three (3) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
License/Certification: HFMA Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Government/non-government payer requirements, reimbursement rules, laws and regulations that govern billing/collection activities
- Medical terminology, CPT-4, ICD-10, HCPCS, modifier coding and how these items drive reimbursement
- Principles and practices of customer service and telephone courtesy
- Organizational, planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Epic Professional Billing preferred
For immediate consideration, please apply!