Billing/Collections Patient Account Representatives
Contract to Hire
Palo Alto, Newark, San Jose, Los Gatos, Campbell, Redwood City, Fremont, San Mateo, Hayward CA
HIRING NOW! FRIENDS AND FAMILY WELCOME
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, local, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
Job Posting Description
This Patient Accounts Representative- Billing & Collections will be responsible for:
- Preparing and submitting accurate insurance claims to payer within proper time frames.
- Accepting, rejecting, and reconciling claim runs daily. Ensuring prompt resolution of outstanding insurance claims.
- Effectively working payer scrubber and denial reports daily.
- Reviewing claims for accuracy and correct errors as needed.
- Collaborating with referral/authorization staff to resolve issues.
- Resolving claims processing issues with 3rd party payers and provides all requested information timely; engaging patients and family members to resolve claim or insurance issues when needed.
- Providing documentation to have claims processed and paid. Researching, preparing, and providing 3rd party payer appeals. Requesting account adjustments in accordance with payer contractual agreements.
- Documenting all actions taken on account with clear and concise account notes and maintaining billing logs as required.
- Preparing reports as required. Monitoring and identifying trends, denials / claim errors by payer and refer as appropriate.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of 3rd party payer contracts.
- Verifying insurance eligibility utilizing available technologies, payer websites, or by phone contact with third party payers.
- Ensuring that correct insurance company name, address, plan, and filing order are recorded in the patient accounting system.
To qualify, you must have:
- A high school diploma. Previous experience in a hospital billing setting, preferably on an automated system (Epic) is preferred.
- UB04 Claims Form experience strongly preferred
- The analytical skills to gather and interpret data in situations in which the information or problems are relatively routine.
- The ability to exchange information on factual matters. Interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, hospital employees and third parties.
- Excellent attention to detail, good organizational skills, ability to meet priorities within set time frames, and ability to work as part of a team
For immediate consideration, please apply!
- Excellent opportunity to work for a outstanding, large and growing company!
- Renown Healthcare Organization – Huge career growth potential!
- Awesome Benefits!
- Excellent salary!
- Medical Insurance
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logic highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991