OPTION 1 STAFFING is currently recruiting for a Benefits Specialist with a minimum of four years experience; someone who is good at communicating benefits details to employees via phone, email and Slack. Very high volume and all calls/data needs to be maintained in a log. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment. This position is open because the department needs addition help do to increased volume.
· Work with a team in a call center environment. Provide customer service responses to benefits related inquiries with expertise via phone, computer-based chat, email or in-person.
· Priority highest priority work within the queues while maintaining high volume production.
· Perform case management support at an expert level with minimal supervision; ensuring all issues are coordinated, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately.
· Represent on benefit programs, policies, or initiatives at workshops, presentations, new employee orientations, or in one-on-one meetings with employees, retirees, faculty, and HR clients. Interact with HR professionals at all levels.
· Participate in projects requiring technical expertise and creativity in analysis.
· Manage small-to-medium administrative programs (e.g. Intent to Retire, system testing). Contribute to larger projects.
· Act as a resource and train peer specialists on how to perform core duties
· Provide input on process improvements, employee-facing communications and web pages.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant benefits experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong customer service experience and a proven ability to meet performance standards.
· Strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills.
· Strong organizational and case management skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Experience working with multiple benefits plans including, medical, dental, vision, life and retirement.
-Experience with Disability Insurance is a definite plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate complex benefit concepts in an understanding and empathetic manner.
· Uses authority, knowledge and judgment to respond to complicated requests.
· Presentation and public speaking skills.
· Strong computer skills such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); PeopleSoft preferred.
For immediate consideration, please apply!