HR Benefits Specialist
- North San Jose
- Direct Hire
- Hybrid role 3 days on-site (San Jose)
1. Experience with LOA rules/laws
3. Cobra Mandarin a plus but not required
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, statewide, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
Option 1 Staffing is currently recruiting for a Benefits Analyst. This individual will guide employees on our clients leave of absence process and administer benefits and wellness programs, to ensure clarity of programs and processes while driving an engaging employee experience. Utilization of these benefits by our employees frequently happen during high stress or challenging situations in their personal lives, and this role requires delivery with a client service mentality, high touch approach of empathy and patience, all with an eye towards accuracy and a strong understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements of the benefits and LOA landscape. This is a direct hire position located in North San Jose.
- Administer various benefit programs, which may include medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, FSA, and more
- Support annual Benefits Open Enrollment processes including new vendor implementation, system testing, and communications
- Work with Benefits Broker to organize annual Health and Wellness fairs and events
- Monitor benefit enrollments, terminations, changes in coverage, and beneficiaries administered by our external partners and audit as necessary
- Respond to employee benefit inquiries
- Partner with benefits vendors, including benefits broker, for the administration of benefit programs and to quickly resolve issues
- Stay informed of regulatory requirements and changes surrounding benefit plans and administer compliance requirements accordingly
- Utilize plan data to support decision making
- Test new business processes, systems modifications, and updates that impact benefit processing
- Reconciles and processes plan invoices ensuring vendors are paid on time
- Maintain the integrity of benefits data by performing audits and reports
- Create and update benefits collateral, intranet site, and communications
- Assist with the annual benefits renewal processes
- Watch for trends and implement wellness initiatives
- Put forth recommendations that align our benefits to our company culture and initiatives
- Document processes for Benefit programs
- LOA management
- Participate in RFPs for benefit vendors, coordinate responses, and summarize recommendations
- Support yearly benefits compliance tasks such as FSA reporting, PCORI fee, FSA non-discrimination testing, H&W 5500 processing, ACA processing
- Collaborate as needed with other internal teams, such as Payroll, Legal and Finance
- Workers’ Compensation case management and prevention programs
- Ensures benefit plan compliance with ERISA, COBRA, ACA, HIPAA, Section 125, HSA rules and other benefit regulatory requirements, including FSA Non-Discrimination Testing processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of benefits experience in managing employee benefits programs and LOAs
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws; strong working knowledge of self-funded benefits plans
- Experience in managing LOAs across multiple geographies, applying various local requirements with organization’s leave programs
- Ability to work both independently with minimal direction and collaboratively across multiple functions both externally and internally
- Highly proficient in Excel with solid analytical skills that enable extracting data from a variety of sources, drawing conclusions and translating those into clear opportunities and actions.
- Excellent management skills and ability to practice discretion
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software; proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS, payroll, and similar human resource management software and practices
- Knowledge of ADP workforce preferred
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have experience with guiding employees on Leave of Absences
- Be very familiar with Cobra procedures/laws
- High-tech/ tech industry a big plus
For immediate consideration, please apply!
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.