$75k – $85k
Option 1 Staffing is currently recruiting for an experienced administrative specialist to provide support for various departments with general administrative needs. The purpose of this position is to provide support for backup needs due to excessive workloads, vacation or other personal leave. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working independently with different groups and changing environments. The successful candidate will also maintain a broad range of administrative and research duties, and is expected to work collaboratively with many departments. The position is part of the Administrative Support Team and reports to the Director of Administrative Support Services.
- Independent judgment for establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems relating to faculty or department needs and competing deadlines.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements, both domestic and international, prepare itineraries, and obtain visas and other travel documentation needed. Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with Microsoft office suite, and email applications, as well as strong internet research and database skills.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Establish priorities and handle multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to gather, process, analyze and report information. Must be a creative problem solver.
- Dependability and strong commitment to professional development and process improvement.
For immediate consideration, please apply!
Option 1 Staffing is an award-winning, statewide, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office, and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
- Excellent opportunity to work for an outstanding, large, and growing company!
- Awesome Benefits!
- Excellent salary!
- Medical Insurance
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.