ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
SAN JOSE, CA
This job requires solid Admin and light accounting skills. Great salary, benefits and team!
Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, statewide, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
Provides a variety of clerical and administrative support which may include drafting and typing letters, reports, charts, graphs, etc. using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software; basic bookkeeping; screening calls and visitors; preparing agendas and making arrangements including travel, etc. for meetings and special events; and/or managing supervisor’s and/or dept calendar.
The role will support the department’s mission and values by exhibiting the following: inclusiveness, respect, initiative, collaboration, innovation, and accountability. The incumbent will strive to provide excellent service when performing job responsibilities and will practice safe work procedures and follow safety rules at all times.
Documents and Databases
- Prepares documents.
- Prepares and types form letters, memos, emails, labels, routine correspondence, etc
- Prepares statements of work, contracts, and purchase orders
- Proofs for spelling and grammar.
- Enters information into spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Examples include tracking employee overtime, maintenance information and records in a database.
- Compiles routine reports, statistics, tables, charts, etc. from readily available information.
- Examples include unit KPI’s and operating metrics, etc
- Processes accounts payables and/or receivables.
- Verifies income and/or expense.
- Resolves discrepancies and over/under budget problems.
- Enters, tracks, and maintains documentation and logs of financial transactions.
- Purchase orders, invoices, encumbrances, associated work tasks, and other supporting documentation
- Creating and completing/closing of work tasks, entering technician time, and similar activity sets within the work order management system
- Ensures that charges have posted to appropriate accounts.
- Assists with reconciliation of accounts.
- Reviews budget statements.
- Investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares budget reports and spreadsheets.
- Coordinates dept calendar.
- Coordinates registration and travel.
- Coordinates events which may include scheduling rooms and/or guest speaker and arranging for routine materials, technology and refreshments.
- Provides information via phone, e-mail, mail, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 2 years of administrative support or other relevant experience
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Highly organized;
- Analytical skills with an attention to detail;
- Receptive to feedback, willing to lean, embracing continuous improvement;
- Helpful, respectful, approachable, collaborative, team oriented;
- Ability to build strong working relationships and a positive work environment;
- Comfortable working in an environment with quickly changing priorities.
- Facilitates open and effective communication, cooperation and teamwork within and outside of one’s own team;
- Plans ahead, manages time well and arrives on time;
- Recommends improvements and opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce costs;
- Exceptional relationship skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships in a diverse environment;
- Analytical skills including critical thinking, decision making, trouble shooting and problem solving;
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring University and Department policies and all regulatory requirements.
- Good Administrative and some accounting skills
For immediate consideration, please apply!
- Excellent opportunity to work for a outstanding, large and growing company!
- Awesome Benefits!
- Excellent salary!
- Medical Insurance
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.