Option 1 Staffing is an award winning, statewide, recognized leader in staffing and recruiting, specializing in placing the highest caliber of Non-Clinical Healthcare, Information Technology, Supply Chain, Administrative/Office and Accounting/Finance professionals in contract and direct-hire opportunities. We work with top and emerging companies in the Technology and Healthcare industry.
The Accounting Manager is a “hands-on” position with direct responsibility for GL accounting operations, revenue recognition calculations and review, and month/quarter-end closing process, including aligning accounting policies across the US, Europe, and APAC. Additionally, this individual will innovate and drive efficiencies through continual evaluation of our systems and business processes This role will work closely with the external auditors and a variety of internal and external teams to develop and implement consistent global processes.
Top 5 Things:
- Active CPA License
2. Consolidations for Foreign Entries
3. SEC reporting
4. Cost Accounting experience
- – NetSuite experience 2-5 years+
- – SAS software background
- – Direct reporting
- – Cost accounting and SEC reporting experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Help build a team of accounting professionals with responsibilities for all day-to-day accounting transactional accounting including the following: general ledger, consolidations, revenue recognition, royalty accounting, and fixed assets.
- Manage global accounting close calendar and ensure closing objectives are met
- Manage the General Ledger system, accounting operations, monthly and quarterly close
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial statements and provide consolidated data for reporting purposes
- Review revenue contracts and suggesting proper revenue recognition according to ASC 606.
- Participate and support the maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements with internal/external auditors
- Develop and implement global policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls
- Support annual audits and quarterly reviews with external auditors
- Coordinate Tax fillings & quarterly royalty reporting.
- Oversee accounting and compliance matters for the Company subsidiaries in EMEA, China, and Japan
- Drive implementation of new software projects, as necessary to support business conditions and automation
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BA/BS in accounting; CPA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting operations required; within life science preferred
- Proven ability to think strategically and plan effectively: be “hands on”, detail and results oriented, and manage multiple tasks against tight deadlines.
- Broad experience and knowledge of US GAAP with technical accounting experience related to accounting requirements and regulations.
- Ability to quickly synthesize data and provide recommendations.
- Able to research and apply technical accounting concepts (thorough knowledge of GAAP and SOX 404)
- Quick learner with desire to continue to learn and grow knowledge base.
- Aptitude for understanding accounting systems and consolidations logic
- Ability to work across multiple departments
- Confident, self-starter who is comfortable with a mix of thoughtful strategy work and everyday details.
- High level of Excel and Word skills required, knowledge of NetSuite a plus
- On site position – 3-5 days a week onsite
- located in Fremont, California-20-35-mile radius
- 6+ years of accounting experience
- Accounting background in Rev Cycle, Healthcare, Biotech, Pharm, Business, Medical Device
For immediate consideration, please apply!
- Excellent opportunity to work for a outstanding, large and growing company!
- Awesome Benefits!
- Excellent salary!
- Medical Insurance
For immediate consideration, please apply!
“Best of Staffing Award”
Best of Staffing Award is the only award in the U.S that recognizes staffing agencies that have proven superior service quality based entirely on ratings provided by their clients and job candidates. Award winners make up less than 2% of all staffing agencies in North America.
“Top Performer Award”
Top Performer Award by Workforce Logiq highlights high-performing staffing companies who are chosen based on a variety of criteria critical to our clients’ satisfaction, including customers serviced, cycle time, submittals per requisition, percentage of submittals hired, program compliance, fill ratio, and more.
Member American Staffing Association Since 1991.